How do you take care of your health?
Most often, we have the perception that being healthy is all about the physical aspect; there is more to that than just what we thought it to be.
What you need is a holistic approach to taking care of your physical, mental, and spiritual wellness.
Dalia Kemble is a Psychology graduate with a passion for holistic wellbeing and personal development. She holds a master’s degree in organizational behavior and development, and is the founder of City to Hippie where she coaches women to break free from diet culture, build a healthy relationship with food and feel competent in their body. Dahlia is a self-care advocate and mindset expert and her own journey with dieting and burnout has inspired her to teach others practical tools to help them to reach food freedom and flourish in their own wellness.
In this episode, Dalia shares her journey from burnout to wellness. How she learned from that experience the importance of self-care and self-love.
And that, it is not just about one’s physical concern but all about a holistic perspective to one’s health.
She encourages that it is alright to acknowledge the different emotions we go throught and the need to feel them so it leads us to being okay in the end.
We need to understand the effects of holding and keeping emotions; a lot of physical issues are rooted emotionally. We want to do away with that.
For any change to happen we need to be aware of ourselves and the limiting beliefs we are making us to believe. When that happens we begin to rewrite the story we tell ourselves to get to the other side of things.
Learning to make affirmations and practicing gratitude change everything. Though it needs daily practice, repetition is what makes a transformative change in us.
You can always do small acts to lead you on to the journey. And it’s best to enjoy it and not focus solely on the goal. It’s never a good idea to compare yourself with others, what’s important is acknowledging how far you’ve come compared to your previous self.
It’s a daily practice and not just a quick fix. It’s good to speak to yourself like you would to a best friend. Treat yourself the compassion and kindness it deserves.
“Relaxing and taking time out and really looking after yourself from the inside out is just as important as doing.”
– Dalia Kemble
What you will learn from today’s episode:
- 02:37 – From burnout to a wellness journey
- 03:46 – Understanding self-care from her burnout experience
- 06:09 – The importance of taking care of your health from a holistic approach
- 07:15 – Why it is just as important to feel other emotions with what you’re going through and being positive about everything
- 10:56 – Why you need to understand the effects of not feeling emotions and holding them
- 12:33 – The first step for any change to happen to you
- 15:01 – How affirmation and gratitude change the story you are telling yourself
- 16:41 – Some small acts that you can do to help a lot in your affirmation
- 19:35 – How you need to enjoy the journey and not focus solely on the goal
- 20:54 – Mindset matters
Connect with Dalia Kemble:
Connect With Leslie Thornton: