Our past has the power of influencing what we feel and what actions we have today. If there is some trauma involved in the past, our subconscious builds an energetic shield around it that prevents us from looking deeply into those thoroughly ingrained emotions inside there.
Instead of trying to go towards that emotion and befriend it, we push it away every time. That is why whatever success we have in other areas of life masks the failure in permanently losing weight because there is this part of us that is wanting for care and we have never given full attention to.
And what happens instead, we binge on food because that is where we find safety in.
In terms of relationships or the lack of them, we look for means to fill the void for what truly is it that we’re longing for.
We don’t like feeling sadness, loneliness, and anger in the situation we are in. We only know of one thing, and that is escaping them.
And what escaping means for us is engaging with the feeling until you go down the trap into total despair and never return to your sense of confidence about yourself.
How about seeing yourself getting back to connecting again and getting intimate with your mind and body and not running away from it?
How about this time, get the support you need to face these intimacy fears about yourself and be fully armed with tools to face them and start living life in living color.
There is a way out. You can always start to create new sets of patterns and beliefs that will set you on the road to a lifetime of success and freedom.
“It is a deep, deep level of intimacy to get to know your own feelings, your own thoughts, your own sadness without feeling like you have to completely engage with it and go all the way down the rabbit hole of never being able to come back. It’s a real fear, I see that all the time. And get yourself that support to know that there is a way out.”
– Leslie Thornton
What you will learn from today’s episode:
- 01:11 – What could potentially create that subconscious energetic shield around you?
- 05:10 – What makes you a superstar are also the exact things that get in your way of success on your permanent weight loss journey
- 06:17 – What do human beings do when they haven’t mastered emotional intimacy around themselves?
- 07:54 – The need to look at the root of that anger we have inside
- 09:01 – What would it be like to intimately get to know your own emotions?
- 09:41 – Go towards those feelings that we are always trying to push our way and get support
- 11:39 – What happens if you’re going to get out of your comfort zone and retrain yourself to think in a different way?
- 12:20 – How our emotions are a childhood version of ourselves
- 14:23 – How intimacy and connection with yourself create a living color instead of just black and white
- 14:55 – What commitment does Hypnosis for Permanent Loss have for you?
- 16:02 – Knowing whoever you are today is who you’re going to attract
Connect With Leslie Thornton: